Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The first of nine


This is one of nine sketches being provided by Taylor and her cupcake crew at Taylored Expressions. This particular sketch can be found at Monica Davis' blog M.A.D. Stamper. I don't do many circle cards and am pretty happy with the way this turned out. The image is one I have had a good while and don't use much. It is one that is still on it's wood mount too. The main image is by inkadinkado and the sentiment is a Studio G stamp. I used Ranger's Adirondak ink in Currant with some purple pp that I cut into a five inch circle using my cricuit machine. I used a brad to put both circles together, attach the tag, and a some purple fiber to the card. The scallops I made with a circle punch and then cut each circle in half. I layered the circles under the creme cardstock layer to give it the look of another layer. This is a card I like how it turned out. I am so excited to be doing these challenges. I think it makes me stretch creatively, though I still have a long way to go before I get that polished look I am looking for.
Thanks for stopping by if you are reading this.

No comments: