Sunday, April 26, 2009

Almost Graduation Time


I got a chance to do some stamping last night. This one is for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge over at Taylored Expressions. You can find more details on the challenge and the sketch here. This sketch was excellent. There are so many ways you can interpret it. This card I have made for my Nephew's Graduation that will be coming up next month. I knew I wanted it simple, clean, and appropriate for a guy. No flowers, hearts, or swirls could land on this card. The school where my nephew is graduating from has a mascot of an eagle. My husband reminded me of this. After looking through my stamps I realized I had an eagle that was part of a collage type stamp. The stamp had symbols representing freedom and the USA....the kind of stamp perfect for Fourth of July. Well, I had to figure out a way to block off the rest of the stamp but get in the eagle. I cut the image where the eagle stopped and then used the red cardstock at the bottom of my panel to cover up the image of the Capitol Building. Also, my nephew's school colors are red and white. So, I knew I wanted to stick with those. Thanks to Taylor's sketch, I had the perfect jumping off point. I am very happy with the results. It's simple and no flowers made there way to the card. :) The details are below.
Stamps: Freedom Collage, Stampourri ( I think this is the name of the company, the name was smeared on the wooden block.) Congratulations, Stampendous.
Inks: Ranger's Adirondak Cranberry, Black Pigment by Colorbox
Miscellaneous: White, Red cardstock. Paper Frills by DoodleBug Design, Black Brads, Clear embossing powder, Corner Rounder Punch

No comments: