Thursday, April 16, 2009

My First SCS Challenge


This is my first challenge I have tried on SCS. Triple play...hmmm, found it tough. This is part of their Limited Supply Challenges that are posted every Friday. Here is the description from the forum on SCS about this challenge: Here’s is how it works. Everything we are doing today is in “triplicate”. First, your creation must have THREE layers (I cheated a little here and have decided to allow y’all three layers on TOP of the card base). This is harder than it sounds, as we are all SOOO good at matting things (and be sure to count those patterned papers as a layer, too, if ya use 'em!)!Second, you are required to use three colors . . . no more, no less (though you ARE allowed to use either white, vanilla, black or chocolate as a neutral in addition to the three colors you choose . . . please make sure that your neutral is one of the colors listed!). This is also very tricky for those of us who LOVE color!Third, your card needs to have three elements, or focal points. For example, that could be three separate panels with an image stamped on each one; or a stamped image, a sentiment and an embellishment is another way you could interpret it (which is what I did for my sample) . . . it is really a triple combo of whatever you choose, but you are limited to only three (in keeping with our “triple play” theme).
You can find the thread for this challenge here.
I tried to keep to the rules the best I could. I used a hero arts fish stamp I have had for years. I used the colors of a tealish, yellow and black, with white as my neutral. I kept it very simple and though I am pretty happy with the card, it still feels like it needs something more. I created the scalloped edge with my Martha Stewart punch. Thanks for looking.
Cardstock: White, yellow, teal, black
Inks: Ranger's Adirondak Pitch Black and Stream
Stamp: Hero Arts.

No comments: