Saturday, March 5, 2011

Keeping it Simple


This card I made as part of a Clean and Simple Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers. This one challenged us to make our own background. You can look at the forum here.
I had played with my pigment inks in a while to make a direct to paper background in quite a while. After looking at the Gallery for this challenge here, I was inspired to try this again. There is some talented work in this gallery, so make sure you check it out.
Anyway, I got out my ColorBox pigment inks and went to work. I cut out the size background I wanted using Spellbinders Nestabilities Lables Eight die. I then stamped the truck image on top using Ranger's Adirondak line Denim. The truck is made my River City Rubberworks. It's a perfect image for those men who love old trucks.
Behind the main image I used Caramel ink again by Ranger's Adirodak line and used a stiff paint brush to just add some color to the edges. Then placed some Magic Mesh down.
The sentiment is stamped on a tag in my stash and was made by K & Co's Tags to Go. The sentiment is by Stampendous and is stamped in Denim.
Thanks for stopping by and having a look.


No comments: