Sunday, October 5, 2014

Burlap and Leaves...It must be fall!


Got some good papercrafting in this weekend.  That always puts a smile on my face.  My inspiration card came from here:  http://www.catherinepooler.com/2013/09/burlap-happy-birthday-card/

I bought some burlap pieces a few months ago by Die Cuts with a View, but had yet to use them.  Then while surfing, pintrest I found the card by Catherine Pooler.  I thought, yes that is it.  I left the burlap as is and then used my scalloped die to cut a piece to the side.  I then with Staz On Brown ink stamped the entire stamp by Inkadinkado on the piece.  Using Colorbox silver pigment ink I then took a Technique Tuesday border stamp and stamped the left and bottom with a nice vine.  I added some white dots with a chalk white pen.  The leaf is a die by Sizzix that I inked the edges with the brown Staz On and then put some Ranger Crystal Effects on it to make it look nice and glossy.  I adhered all the layers and then topped it off with a gold colored bow.  I am happy with the way it turned out.  I have a recipient in mind that will receive this.  I hope it brings a smile to her face.

No comments: