Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Thank You...with Sparkle

 Sometimes you just need a little extra sparkle in your card.  That is the thought that started me on the journey to this card that I made to thank my sweet employees for the beautiful flowers, thoughtful card, and yummy goodies that were part of last weeks Boss's Day. 

Now I wanted to try my hand at this.  However, that project did not turn out well. I kept tearing the paper.




However,  this card began with that wonderful sparkly thank you die by  Papertrey Ink from the beautiful  American Crafts Sparkle paper pack in the shade of blue.

I also knew I wanted to use my black and white paper straws I found in Target's Dollar Spot which got me thinking about a banner.

So first I found this pin I had pinned on pintrest, and though it isn't exactly the colors I ended up using, it is where I began.

Then, I looked for the sketch I wanted to use.  I found that also on pintrest searching for cards with banners.  Here is the sketch I used...

I turned it and moved the placement of the circle.  Finally, I was getting somewhere.


I like how the card turned out.  The image is Studio G stamped in pink Ranger distressed ink.  The banner I dry embossed using a Cuttlebug folder.  The patterned paper is from Recollections Tattered and Worn Collection.  The red paper is also by Recollections.

No comments: