Friday, January 23, 2015

Dust off the Easel

Over at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge Blog, this weeks challenge was to make an easel card.  I got out my spellbinder's dies and got to work.

I cut my Labels Eight die to make a top folding card and then another one using the biggest die to make the front of the card.  The cardstock is kraft by Recollections.  I also cut out another shape using the next smallest die in the Recollections Tattered and Worn patterned paper.  I then dug through my stash and found the white oval, the swirl, the green label, and the two butterflies in my stash of precut items.  I stamped a sentiment from Technique Tuesday on the green label.  I also sponged the edges of all the layers and this label with Victorian Velvet distress ink.  I stamped the main image using a Unity stamp and colored it using Sharpie Markers.


This came together pretty quickly.  I had fun dusting off those easel card making skills.  Thanks for a great challenge!

No comments: