Sunday, January 25, 2015

Get Whale Mojo

Another great sketch from Mojo Monday Blog this week.  I have been waiting all weekend to be able to get a chance to get inky and put together this card.

I had a left over card made using the Spellbinders labels eight from last week.  I wanted to start with that since I had torn a bit of the top layer, I knew all I had to do was cover it up.  So, I cut a layer using the next size down out of We R Memory Keepers For the Record patterned paper.  I then used my Quick cutz flower die to make another layer using some Recollections Tatterned and Worn paper.  The circle I punched out of white Recollections paper and stamped with Staz On black the cutest whale ever from a new set I bought from Unity Stamp Company.

The banner I die cut using a papertrey ink die and used the sentiment from the set.  I colored the main image with sharpies and raised it on foam tape.  I added a couple of brown buttons from the Paper Studio.  Done!  It's totally cute.

This is sure to pick up someone's day when I need to sent a get well soon card...or in this case get Whale!

I've got to get going on those kiddo valentine's cards!  My son has 14 classmates we need to prepare for.  I got some ideas but I haven't landed on the design quite yet.  Are you creating for Valentine's yet?  I hope you stop by and share.

I am entering this card in the Mojo Monday Blog Sketch Challenge (see the link at the beginning of the post) and Top Tip Tuesday's Challenge: Something New.  The stamped image was new to me and I am glad I got it out...it makes me smile.  Also on Top Tip Tuesday check out their tutorial on making paper ruffles.  Definitely going to try this out.



3 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just darling1 Love it! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Wanda said...

Great work on the layout.
What a fun card!!! TFS

Mrs A. said...

It's great being able to salvage from an otherwise wasted die cut. Love the cute whale image and the colours used on your get whale card. Sure to be a pick up for the recipient. hugs Mrs A.
p.s. following you now.