Monday, January 5, 2015

Hearts and Hugs: Featured Stamper 413....My Take on Torico's card...

If you haven't already, head on over to check out Torico's gallery over at Splitcoast Stamper's.  She has an excellent gallery.  I had a blast looking at all of her great work.  She is the featured stamper in this week's challenge.

Here is Torico's card I CASE'd.

And here is my version, which I am calling..Heart's and Hugs
My background is stamped with Ranger Adirondak's Cranberry and Barn Door Distress inks. I used stamps by Technique Tuesday and Studio G to make my own background.  There is 2nd Generation stamping on this layer as well.

The frame was cut out of Recollections Say Freeze cardstock using my cricut.  While I was cutting, I also cut out the scalloped edge from Recollections white and the Hugs sentiment using white, too.

The scalloped edge was dry embossed with my Cuttlebug dots folder.  The hugs was given a coat of versamark ink and Wow gold embossing powder and heat set.  

Center stage is a Technique Tuesday heart stamp that is stamped with the same cranberry ink and sprinkled with clear embossing powder.  This too was heat set and cut out.

So, all in all, I kept the format the same, changed some colors and images and added a bit of heat embossing.  Regardless, the card by Torico is what made this happen.  Thanks for joining me in this adventure.

I am submitting this to FS413 over at Splitcoast Stampers.

2 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely CASE'd card!

Darnell said...

I love your pretty card, Samantha! You did a great job CASEing Torico!! I've come over to meet you from Susanne's blog and it's a pleasure to become your newest follower! I'd love to have you pop over to my place and join me as a follower, too, if you like! Hugs, Darnell