Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Hiding Mistakes to Save Your Card

I don't know about you but I make boo-boo's quite often when making cards.  Sometimes they are bad.  There is nothing to do but throw it out and begin again.  Then there are easy fixes, like adding an accent such as a sequin will help cover up the mistake.


Well, while I had my supplies out this weekend, I decided to make another card using those supplies.  I used the Recollections Baker's Twine, papers from my stash, a Studio G dry embossed card base, and stamps by Stampendous and Papertrey Ink.  However, I made a mistake.  The second part of the sentiment that I used by Pepertrey Ink I did not stamp well.  I ended up smudging the sentiment a bit.  

I thought I had a fix that would be easy and no problem.  I placed another piece of washi tape down and decided to stamp again.  Here's the thing:  the washi tape was light so my first sentiment showed through.  Washi tape is low tack, so I thought, no problem, pull it up and try a different piece.  It pulled up some of the card however.

Ugh!  That's when I added another piece of cardstock and it had to be large since the mistake was pretty large.  I decide to round the corners of the cardstock and add a couple more pieces of washi tape.  For some added interest I added some clear gems as well.

Whew!  Another project saved!

Hope are having a great week!

No comments: