Monday, May 25, 2015

Birthday Criss Cross Card

I had it all planned out, that I would get a card posted during the week last week.  But, unfortunately, that never happened.  Over the holiday weekend, we went on a road trip to Tombstone Arizona.  We had a great time and did lots of driving.  However, still no time to put up a card.  So, finally here I am ready got get back into the swing of things.

I saw this tutorial on a criss cross card on Splitcoast Stampers.  Thought I would try it out.  I think the hardest part for me was getting the patterned paper cut for the triangles.  It took a couple of tries before I finally had it the way I wanted.


I used Recollections patterned paper and the yellow card base is from Color Bok.  For the stamped images I used Stampin' Up's Calypso Coral and Crushed Curry.  All the images are from Stamin' Up's Party this way stamp set.  I fussy cut out two of the balloons to make the foursome of balloons.  I hand drew the strings...you probably didn't guess that did you?  I stamped the sentiment and sponged the edges with the coral color.

On the front belly band I die cut the frame using a sizzix die.  Then fussy cut out the banner and candle.  The candle is popped up on foam.

This took a bit of time, but wasn't hard.  I definitely will be giving this another try.

No comments: