Sunday, July 5, 2015

You Rock!

I think I completed this card a couple of weeks ago.  I did not finish it in time to link up to Mojo Monday's # 402 sketch challenge.  But the start of this card was from that sketch.

In this card I also used some pintrest inspiration.  I used this pin to create the enamel "dots" you see on the card. This totally worked.  I am now so excited I can make my own enamel dots pretty cheaply.  I have also used The Frugal Crafter's take on this.  You can see how she does that here.  Both of these work beautifully.  You can now have the entire rainbow at your disposal.

Ok, now on to the card....The card is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  The card base is in Tempting Turquoise cardstock by Stampin Up!  I then cut some recollections creme cardstock the same size as the base using the Sports Mania cartridge.  I then cut out 4 varying sizes of circles using scraps from my paper stash.  I also cut out 2 varying sizes of stars using patterned paper and vellum from my left over papers.  I added a bit of dimension by scoring the star to make it pop up a bit and elevated it on foam squares.

The guitar is a cut and print image from the cricut library and the cartridge is listed as JT.  

Finally for the sentiment I cut out a couple of ovals.  The You Rock sentiment is from Studio G and is stamped in Tempting Turquoise ink.  I popped this up on foam squares as well.

Not sure who I am going to give this cute card to, but it is definitely for someone who can rock it out!

No comments: