Saturday, April 29, 2017

Let's Roast Marshmallows

Today was a pretty successful crafting day.  I hope you will take time to see my other posts from today in order to take in the other crafty goodness that I created today.  But here I am spotlighting a cute card I put together using a digital stamps, background paper, and clip art from Prettygrafikdesign.  I found this store on etsy.  From that shop I bought background papers, the camping girl, and the fire.  The compass that is layered on the checked blue background came from Cricut Design Space.  I used the print and cut feature to make all these elements.

I first took the dark background paper which has fireflies all over it and added glimmer mist.  It was just crying out for some sparkle.  I then used a cross stitched die to cut it down to size.  I used the same die set to die cut the next layer.  These are memory box dies I believe.

The marshmallow roaster (girl) was colored in with copic markers. The only thing I added to the fire was some Wink of Stella.  Again...more sparkle was needed.  

Behind all the layers you can see a peek of washi tape that I picked up from the Dollar Tree.  That pink plaid has come in handy a few times.

I added all the layers to white cardstock cut at 4 x 5 1/4.  I then added that to a kraft card base that measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  The girl and fire I did pop up with foam squares..which got interesting to do when it came to the marshmallow section.

I did not add a sentiment to this card.  I also can't think of one to add inside the card.  Got any ideas?  Let me know.

This card was inspired by Mojo Monday's Challenge sketch for this week:

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge # 494 found here.

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog # 129 found here.

Finally, Week 17 Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge:  Anything Goes found here.



3 comments:

Creative world said...

Adorable image,love your designer paper and fantastic design...thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY CHALLENGE
Željka DT xx

Andrea Beecroft said...

A beautiful card love the sketch placements Thank you for sharing it with us over at Digi Choosday Challenge WK 17. Good luck with your entry. Hugs Andrea DT

Moni said...

Beautiful card!! Thank your for joining us at Digi Choosday Challenges.-Monica DT.