Saturday, April 22, 2017

Washi Tape..Oh How I love Thee!

I still love Washi tape.  I think it is considered still "in' especially for planners.  I have several rolls but never seem to use them very often however.  So today, I wanted to set out to make them the focus of a card.

Like I do pretty much for everything I headed to Pinterest to see what was out there.  Find the inspiration that would make a cute card.  I also knew I wanted to use this weeks Mojo Monday Card sketch.  I really love this sketch.  It has such potential.

So I found these couple of pins that I love.  You can find them here and here.

So here is my card all completed.  I used Washi to do the strip on the side.  I covered Recollections cardstock with washi and die cut the balloons, the balloon background, and the butterflies.


I think this is a such a cute card.  To find out more details, see the video below. 
While I had out the washi I also decorated the following tags.  I will either add them to other projects or maybe include in a swap.  As I finish them I will be sure to take some pictures so you can see the end result.


I am entering the card in the following challenges:

Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge:  #493 found here.
Creative Fingers Challenge: #128 Anything Goes found here.





2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Samantha! What fun little balloons!

stitchingranny said...

I have a few washi tapes but never think to use them. Thanks for the inspiration.

Helen