Sunday, May 7, 2017

On a Roll....


 Let's just say...I was on a roll...and got a little crazy.  Here is the Mojo Monday Sketch this week that got things going:

 I had been wanting to get out the coffee image I picked up a year or so ago from Unity Stamp Company.  I knew I wanted to use this sketch.  I liked the looks of it.  Then, I thought let's do a series of these.  So I ended up with 10 cards...that's right...10.  I am definitely going to be gifting some of these since I am not sure I would ever use all 10 anytime soon.  

I began by using my 1 1/2 inch by 5 1/2 inch scraps of cardstock with the image above. I stamped the images on these scraps using Momento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up's Coastal Cabana, and Moment's Rose Bud. I got these stamped pretty darn quickly as I used my Stamp Perfect positioning tool.  This is one of the tools I am so glad I purchased because I could stamp the same image twice to get the ink dark. I cut down those images to the size I wanted.  I added a bit of Wink of Stella to different parts of the image for a bit of sparkle.

Since the main image is around coffee, I knew I wanted to use patterned papers that were primarily tan/brown with pops of color.  I have a 6 x 6 paper pad by Recollections that fit the bill perfectly.  I layered each section either on Kraft cardstock or in case of the main image on the Recollections paper.
 All the edges of those layers are inked either in the Rose Bud or the Costal Cabana.

I added some of the ombre embroidery floss I bought to the bottom of each card.  Though it isn't that noticeable in the pictures, it does give it another pop in person.

To some of the cards I added a sentiment thanks to my Cricut and some different dies I have in my stash.
 This one above I added not only a sentiment but also a flower I made using my cricut.  It is for my son's dance teacher to give her after his recital.  Inside I added a velum envelope that will house a gift card for Starbuck's.  I also added wink of stella to the flower petals as well for some more sparkle.

I am adding these cards to the following challenges:

Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge # 495 found here.

Creative Fingers Challenge #129:  Anything Goes found here.

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: May 2017 found here

4 comments:

Monica taylor said...

Love these!
♥ Monica
Be sure to check out the link up party with lots of prizes!
My personal Blog - Taylormadecards4u

Unknown said...

Very nice cards :) So creative and wow you've been busy :) Thanks for your nice comment on my card too xxx

Cards by Beckie said...

Lovely cards. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

Tindaloo said...

Great cards, perfect for any coffee lover! :)
Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Creative Fingers!
So sorry to be late commenting. If you wish to take part, I got a yummy blogcandy :)
DT Tindaloo