Saturday, January 6, 2018

Home Sweet Home

I wanted to share with you a card I thought was fitting for the New Year.  This is a card I made quite a bit ago.  It was Pinterest Inspired.  

As usual, I didn't link the idea to my Pinterest Card Inspiration board so I could find it again.  😡  I have lots of cards on the board, but that ain't one. 😂

The reason I am sharing this particular card is because I will be spending quite a bit of time at home this year.  I am starting Graduate School on Monday!  I am excited, nervous, and a little worried how I am going to fit it all in.  That being said, if you notice I am not blogging as often as last year, this is the reason.

I can comfortably commit to continuing my post for the Creative Fingers Design Team I am on, but if there are other posts I will consider myself an overachiever.  Like all of you I still will be creating as it is my way of relaxing, but putting posts together, well that may be difficult.

I hope I can, when the right timing strikes, do some Facebook live sessions on my page.  Keep an eye out for those.  You can find my page here.

Ok now on to the specifics of the card.  The hills, heart, houses, sun are all dies cut out of varying shades of paper.  I used a white gel pen to add some interest to one of the houses and the trees.  The trees were cut with my Cricut since I don't have any tree dies.  The Home Sweet Home sentiment was written with the Cricut as well.

Once all the pieces were cut out, it was pretty quick to put together.  This could be used if you have a friend that has just moved, or you have.  Or it could be used to comfort someone who just needs someone to remind them of the comforts of home.  

I hope this inspires you to get out and create something of your own today.  

Happy New Year Y'all!

I am adding this card to the following challenge:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge: #58 Anything Goes found here.

2 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Hope Graduate school went ok for you. I like this new home card that you have created on your circuit cutter. I admire anyone who knows how to use them. Over my head I'm afraid. Hugs Mrs A.

Meg said...

Neat design! Thanks for joining us at Lemon Shortbread!